Thursday 7 February 2013

Ultimate Movie Q&A



Movie questions and answers!
Okay so I havent done a blogpost in a while so thought I'd do a movie Q&A I found via Youtuber 'EmilyGrace20' :) I added a couple more questions. Let me know if you want to make a reply, on youtube or otherwise!

Which do you prefer, movies or tv?
Oh most definitely movies. TV is good but when watching a movie you can just drift off into that other world, whereas watching TV, you're just getting into something when the ad break comes on or 'To Be Continued...' pops up. Gah.


What was your favourite movie as a child?

Oh I had a lot... my grandma used to tape movies off the television (she cut the ad breaks out, bless her). Some I can remember were a few Olsen twins movies, The Witches, Matilda, Stuart Little, a cute movie about a boy in China who tried rescuing a Panda and some other animated ones. *Cough*ToyStoryIsMyChildhood*Cough*.

What is your favourite genre of movie?
I'm quite easy when it comes to movie genres. My particular favourites are Fantasy, Sci Fi, Drama and Horror. The only movies which don't do much for me are comedy/romcommy's. If the poster has Adam Sandler on the poster I tend to steer clear.

What is your favourite movie to quote?
Oooohh... I quote a lot of movies... I'll get back to you on that.

What Movie have you seen most times?
Probably the Harry Potter's. I could probably quote the entire film before the lines are said. It's only fun when you do that around others though but Mother kicks me out when I do that. I've seen Twister a lot too thats another film I could probably quote in it's entirety. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. 

What is the weirdest movie you've ever seen?
Weird. Well all the films I think of as being weird fit into the category below... errr... I thought Beetlejuice was weird the first time I saw it but that was years ago haha. 

What is the most disturbing movie you've ever seen?
I quite like watching 'disturbing' films, mainly to test myself to see if I have a limit. So far I have not but if anyone cares to challenge me then proceed, peasant! So The Human Centipede 1&2, Cannibal Holocaust and A Serbian Film were pretty twisted, but I have a twisted mind. I dip my McDonalds chicken nuggets in my strawberry milkshake. I know. Twisted.

Has a movie ever given you nightmares?
Hah when I was a kid there were a few but they never gave me 'nightmares'. More like creepy dreams. I don't scare very easily. But to name a few: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (darn Oompa Loompas), The Amityville Horror and Lake Placid. Oh and Jaws. But folks remember I must have been 9, 10, 11 years old. 

Has a movie ever made you cry?
Oh hell yes. I'll just name some, you can probably guess which parts made me cry: Toy Story 3, Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2 "After all this time? Always", Titanic, Gladiator "I will see you again. But not yet.", Braveheart, American Beauty "But don't worry... you will someday.", Pan's Labyrinth, The Impossible, Big Fish "My girl in the river." Forrest Gump, Cast Away "You're the love of my life!", My Sister's Keeper, Precious and I'll stop because I'm tearing up thinking about them...

Movie you love but everyone hates
I love Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes and everyone seems to not like it. The critics certainly didn't. I still prefer the '68 version but I love Mr Burton still. I also liked Sleeping Beauty with Emily Browning. I love the Scary Movie series as well. Not looking forwards to 5 without Anna Faris though. She completely made them!

Movie you hate but everyone loves
As previously mentioned Im not keen on comedy films like The Hangover, Paul, Shaun of the Dead (tried watching but couldnt get more than 10 minute in). 

Classic movies you've never seen
Oh too many. I am ashamed. Casablanca, Gone With The Wind, Citizen Kane, 2001 A Space Odyssey etc etc. In fact out of AFI's top 10 '100 Movies' list, I've only seen 2. Uh uh...

Movie you regret watching
I don't regret watching movies very often but one movie I thought was dire, possibly the worst film I've ever seen is Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2. The sequel to The Blair Witch Project. The unimaginative scares, the wooden acting the sham of a plot, everything was so bad it was almost laughable. I read the wikipedia synopsis before seeing the movie and it sounded alright but it wasn't. 

Movie you recommend
A LOT! Any movie on Empire's 500 list is good enough for me! ;)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for Sharing With us and I'll be back later for some great information news4andhra.com provides Telugu Movie Reviews and Telugu Cinema News

    ReplyDelete